At Best Eyecare Associates, we take our mission of providing high-quality eye care for residents of Thornton, Frederick, Commerce City, Westminster, Northglenn, Broomfield, and Brighton very seriously. To that end, we use sophisticated equipment so that we can diagnose eye conditions early on and provide effective treatment.
How Our Eye Doctor Diagnoses Eye Conditions
We perform comprehensive eye exams to make sure your vision is good and your eyes are healthy. We will ask questions about any symptoms you have, use special equipment to check your eye structures, and perform diagnostic tests to uncover what’s affecting your vision. Then, we provide treatment to help you maintain your sight.
Eye Conditions Treated
These are some of the most common conditions that our eye doctor diagnoses and treats:
- Macular Degeneration – An age-related eye condition, macular degeneration slowly robs you of your sight. We can provide medications and supplements to reduce vision loss and discuss treatment options, including eye surgery, with you.
- Diabetic Retinopathy – Diabetic retinopathy occurs when blood vessels in the eye grow damaged as a result of poor diabetes management. Your medical doctor can help you learn diabetes self-management, while we can protect your vision through medication or referral for eye surgery.
- Nearsightedness – Nearsightedness or myopia causes far away objects to appear blurry, while those nearby are sharp. Let our optometrist fit you with corrective aids so you can see far-off objects clearly and avoid painful headaches from eye strain.
- Farsightedness – Farsightedness, sometimes called hyperopia, causes nearby objects to look blurry. We can diagnose hyperopia and prescribe corrective lenses or eyeglasses to correct your vision and bring close objects into clear view.
- Astigmatism – Fluctuations in the eye’s curvature cause astigmatism, which has main symptoms of blurry vision. Our optometrist can reduce astigmatism by fitting you with glasses or contacts that sharpen visual information. LASIK surgery may also be an option to correct astigmatism.
- Cataracts – Common among older adults, cataracts cloud your eyes. Once cataracts reach a certain stage, they can be safely removed so your eye appears clear once more.
- Glaucoma – Glaucoma can be managed to prevent vision loss, but if not treated it will cause blindness. Often glaucoma shows few symptoms. Our optometrist tests the eye’s internal pressure, a common glaucoma indicator, and provides management of this eye condition through medication, lifestyle advice, and eye surgery referrals.
- Dry eye – Common in our age of heavy computer use, dry eye causes eye strain, itching, and burning. Prescription eye drops and lifestyle advice help many patients find relief from dry eye discomfort. We can also offer medication and lubricating plugs for severe cases of dry eye.
Contact Our Optometrist Today!
If you feel like your vision has become blurry, do not delay. Come visit our optometrist for fast, effective eye condition diagnosis and treatment. Email us or call us today to set up your appointment.